Lots of good country roads that cut through old ranch land.
Watch for deer in the fall.
Places to stop:
Hico - leather shop west of town
Approx. 200 miles
1. Starting in Granbury, head south on Tx-144 through Glen Rose and Walnut Springs to Meridian.
2. At Meridian, turn right at the square on to Tx-22 to Tx-6.
3. At Hwy 6, make a right and go through Clifton to Valley Mills.
4. In Valley Mills head south on Tx-317 through Crawford to McGregor.
5. In McGregor go west on US-84 through Gatesville to Evant.
6. At Evant, turn north on Tx-281 through Hamilton and Olin to Hico.
7. In Hico, turn right at the light across the bridge; then turn north on Tx-220 towards Glen Rose.
8. Take Tx-220 into US-67 till the downhill side of Chalk Mountain.
9. At the base of Chalk Mountain, turn onto FM204/ FM 51. Follow FM 51 until the T intersection and make a left onto FM 51 to go to Granbury.