This route goes through ranch country and great small towns. Tx-6 is just a great road to ride anytime of the year. There is at least one restaurant that is good to eat at in every town along the way.
Watch for potholes between Dublin and Hico. Between Meridian and Waco watch for deer.
Places to stop:
The oldest Dr Pepper bottling plant is located in Dublin. You can tour the plant and drink Dr Pepper made with the real cane sugar. Waco has the Dr Pepper Museum. You can tour the plant and the museum. If you like a good Dr Pepper, you'll this as a good excuse to ride the bike and enjoy a cold drink.
Approx. 100 miles
1. Leave Dublin on Tx-6/ Blackjack St headed east.
2. Stay on Tx-6 through Hico, Meridian, Clifton, and Valley Mills.
3. In Waco, exit off of Tx-6 and onto I-35 north.
4. Take exit 335A, and cross under the interstate on 4th St.
5. Make a left on Mary Ave, go one block. Your now at the Waco Dr. Pepper Museum.
Dublin, Hico, Meridian, Clifton, Valley Mills, Waco