This ride goes over hills, through valleys, beside bluffs, and over the wetlands of Lake Waco. Tx-56 really is a great road to ride when you just feel like burning some gas.
Watch out for trucks hugging the center line in turns. Alot of these roads don't see much traffic, so it is common for trucks to take up all of their lane.
Places to stop:
Harley Davidson of Waco is a good place to check out in Waco. Just outside of Waco is Hog Creek Ice House, a good place to have a cold drink and lunch.
Approx. 75 miles
1. Start by riding south out of Glen Rose on Tx-144/ FM 56.
2. Right outside of town, turn left onto FM 56 towards Eulogy.
3. At the intersection with Tx-174, turn left.
4. After a 1.4 miles, turn right back onto FM 56 towards Kopperl.
5. At the intersection with Tx-22, turn left towards Laguna Park.
6. In Laguna Park, turn right onto FM 56.
7. Just outside Laguna Park, stay right on FM 56.
8. Turn left on FM 2490 towards China Springs.
9. In Valley View, turn right onto China Spring Rd/ FM 1637.
10. After two miles, turn left onto FM 185/ N River Crossing.
11. At the intersection with Tx-6, turn left and ride into Waco.