This is west Texas... lots of open space and arid country. The land is wide and open - but great for riding for miles and miles without distraction.
Watch for speed traps in the small towns.
Places to stop:
Del Rio has the Amistad National Recreation area to chill and enjoy the view. Sonora has the Caverns of Sonora off of I-10, exit 392. Midland has the American Airpower Heritage Museum & Confederate Air Force Headquarters.
Approx. 725 miles
1. Ride south out of Pecos on US-285 towards Fort Stockton.
2. At the intersection with US-90, turn left towards Dryden; stay on 90 to Bracketville.
3. In Bracketville, turn north onto Ranch Road 674.
4. Before Rocksprings, turn right on US-377 and ride to Junction.
5. In Junction, get onto I-10 headed west.
6. In Sheffield, take exit 325 and make a right onto Tx-349 heading north.
7. In Iraan, make a left onto US-190/ US-193 and ride for almost six miles.
8. Turn right onto RR-305 heading to McCamey.
9. Turn right onto US-67 for Rankin.
10. In Rankin turn north onto Tx-349 for Midland.
11. In Midland, get onto I-20 headed for Pecos.
Pecos, Fort Stockton, Dryden, Del Rio, Junction, McCamey, along both interstates