The view from the reservoir is amazing as is the view from most of this ride. Beautiful mountains, forests, and great twisty roads make this ride one of the best in the state maybe even the country.
Watch for wildlife and the occasional rocks in the road from rockslides. You are in the mountains so watch for snow and ice in shady areas in the spring time.
Places to stop:
* Ore Cart Steakhouse & Red Dirt Saloon
Fine dining steakhouse set in authentic 1850s decor
24601 Foresthill Rd., Foresthill, CA 95631
* Foresthill Grill
24620 Main St, Foresthill, CA 95631
* The Pizza Factory (530) 367-3245
"We Toss 'em, They're Awesome"
24340 Main Street, Foresthill, CA 95631
Foresthill's WiFi Hot Spot!
Approx. 50 miles
1. Take I-80 E from Auburn California
2. Take exit 121 toward Auburn Ravine Rd/Foresthill
3. Turn right at Foresthill Rd
4. Turn right at Route 96/Mosquito Ridge Rd
5. Stay on Mosquito Ridge Road to French Meadows Reservoir