Lots of twisty roads, trees, and Lake Anna. This ride is a great way to clear your head but not get to far from home.
Careful around the lake for animals for slow moving farm equipment.
Approx. 125 miles
1. Leave Charlottesville on US-250 E (Richmond Rd).
2. Turn left onto VA-22 E towards Cismont.
3. Stay on VA-22 through Cismont, Cobham, and Trevillans.
4. In Mineral, turn left onto E 1st St and follow it out of town straight onto Fredericks Hall Rd/ St Route 618.
5. At the "Y" turn left onto Elk Creek Rd/ St Route 614 .
6. After almost 4 miles, turn right onto Kentucky Springs Rd/ St Route 652.
7. At the intersection with VA-208, turn right and stay on 208 for 6 miles.
8. Turn left onto Co Rd 601 for 5.5 miles.
9. Stay straight onto Co Rd 653 towards Belmont.
10. At the intersection with Co Rd 562, turn left headed south. When you get to the lake you will be on St Route 719.
11. Turn right at US-522 and follow it for 8 miles.
12. Turn left onto St Route 629 towards Orange.
13. At the intersection with VA-20, turn left into Orange.
14. Follow VA-20 through Orange, Barboursville, and back to the outskirts of Charlottesville.