These roads are mainly just rural roads that go through trees and small towns. The scenery is typical East Texas; lots of tall trees and switch back roads.
The main concern is to watch for traffic on the turns. The last leg of this ride has alot of switch backs and tight turns. Be careful for traffic in these turns.
Places to stop:
Any of the small towns make for a good place to grab a bite to eat or spend a little time watching the wind blow.
Approx. 125 miles
1. Leave out of Corsicana on US-287 towards Richland Creek Reservoir.
2. On the other side of Palestine, turn slight right onto FM-323.
3. At the T intersection with Tx-294, turn left.
4. Turn left onto FM-23 towards Rusk.
5. Stay on FM-23 into Rusk, then make a right turn onto 4th St.
6. Turn left at Main St, then right onto 6th St.
7. Then turn left onto Henderson St to leave Rusk.
8. After a little over four miles, turn left onto FM-768.
9. Follow 768 through Gallatin and then over the train tracks.
10. Follow FM-768 into Jacksonville.