Its south Texas by the Gulf. It is flat, but this a good route for back road riding if your in the area.
Watch out for roadkill and slow moving trucks.
Places to stop:
Freeport has a number of places to just chill out by the water.
Approx. 75 miles
1. Head south on Tx-71 out of El Campo towards Midfield.
2. In Midfield, turn left onto FM-2431.
3. In Markham, turn left onto Tx-35 towards Bay City.
4. On the other side of Bay City, stay right onto FM-457.
5. Stay on FM-457 past Cedar Lane, where you turn right onto FM-2611 towards Cedar Lake.
6. At the intersection with Tx-36, turn right towards Perry’s Landing and onto Freeport.