This is a great ride if you live anywhere along the route. I like to take it so that I end at the stockyards for a beer or two. It has a little of all kinds of riding, from small back roads to Interstates.
Watch for water trucks and other semis especially on FM 51 and FM 4. And as always watch for deer and people in cars neither see you.
Places to stop:
Bridgeport - Dos Chilis (Great Mexican food)
Weatherford - Montanna's Good food, good beer
Granbury - Old town square, Babe's, Grump's, Willie and Dicks
Crowley - Nicky Dees
Fort Worth - Stockyards, Sundance Square
Approx. 175 miles
1. Starting at the stockyards take Main St/ Business 287 North
2. Stay on Business 287 till you get to 718 take a left
3. Go to TX 114 and take a left
4. Go through Boyd and Paradise to Bridgeport
5. In Bridgeport turn left onto 920
6. Follow 920 through Poolvile and Peaster to Weatherford
7. Turn right onto FM 51 go around the square in Weatherford and stay on FM 51 to Granbury.
8. In Granbury turn left on to Pearl ST/Bus 377 at the town square.
9. Merge on to US 377 go about 4 miles
10. Turn right onto FM 4 follow 4 through Acton to Cleburne
11. In Cleburne turn left onto US 67 and go to TX 174 and turn left
12. In Joshua turn left onto FM 917
13. Go to FM 1902 and turn left
14. Go to 1187 and turn right
15. Follow 1187 to IH-35 and go north.
16. Take IH-35 to Northside Dr and take it back to the stockyards.
Fort Worth, Bridgeport, Weatherford, Granbury, Cleburne, Joshua, Crowley