It is the Texas hill country so the scenery and the roads are amazing. Pedernales Falls State Park and Enchanted Rock are awsome sights. When we did this ride we were kind of in a hurry and wanted to do it all in half a day. Next time I do this loop I will do it over two days and stay at one of the state parks.
WATCH FOR DEER!!!! Lots of deer in this part of Texas keep an eye out for them.
Places to stop:
The park road going into Pedernales Falls State Park is AWSOME....especially if you ignore the speed limits.
Pedernales Falls State Park the water fall is way cool.
Longhorn Cavern State Park has guided tours of the caverns
Enchanted Rock State Park has incredibale views.
Of course Luchenbach has something for everyone and at least your sombody in Luchenbach
Approx. 175 miles
1. Head southwest on State Park Rd 4 toward Inks Lake State Park
2. Slight left at Park Rd-4 S/State Park Rd 4 Park will be on the left
3. Head southeast on Park Rd-4 S/State Park Rd 4 to Longhorn Cavern State Park
4. Turn right at N US-281
5. Turn left at A Robison Rd/FM-2766
6. Turn left at County Rd-201/Park Rd-6026 Pedernales Falls State Park will be on the left
7. Head southeast on County Rd-201/Park Rd-6026 toward County Rd-201/Pedernales Falls Rd 8. Turn right at Farm Rd 2766/Robinson Rd
9. Continue on FM-2766/Ranch Rd 2766
10. Turn right at S US-281/US-290
11. Turn left at Main St/US-290
12. Turn right at Coronet St
13. Continue on Hodges RCH Rd/State Park Rd 49 Lyndon B Johnson State Park will be on the right
14. Head west on Hodges RCH Rd/State Park Rd 49 toward Martin Rd
15. Continue on Coronet St
16. Turn right at E US-290
17. Turn left at McCarty Ln
18. Slight right at Jenschke-Kunz Rd
19. Turn left to stay on Jenschke-Kunz Rd
20. Slight right at Luckenbach Rd to Luckenbach
21. Turn left at Ranch Rd 1376
22. Sharp right toward Ranch Rd 1376
23. Turn right toward Ranch Rd 1376
24. Slight left at Ranch Rd 1376
25. Turn left at E US-290
26. Turn right at N Milam St/Ranch Rd 965 Enchanted Rock State Natural Area will be on the right
27. Head northeast on N Milam/Ranch Rd 965
28. Turn left at TX-16
29. Turn right at TX-29/E Young St
30. Turn right at State Park Rd 4 back to Inks Lake State Park