These roads have lots of twists and turns, but overall the roads are good. There are stretches of road for everyone - from the beginner to the experienced rider looking for a challenge.
Watch out of trucks riding the center of the road on the backroads.
Approx. 125 miles
1. Take LA-143 north out of Monroe around the D'Arbonne National Wildlife Refuge.
2. Go west on LA-2 into Farmerville.
3. Turn south onto LA-15/ LA-33 and go across the bridge.
4. On the other side of the bridge, follow LA-15 left.
5. After 7 miles, turn right onto LA-145 and go through Downsville.
6. Outside of Downsville, turn right onto LA-822. 822 will intersect and follow LA-33 for a couple miles, follow it along and stay on 822.
7. Outside of Dubach, la-822 runs into UA-167. Turn north on US-167 to Dubach.
8. In Dubach, turn left onto LA-151 S for 1 mile.
9. Stay right onto LA-152 W until LA-2.
10. At LA-2 turn left and ride to Lisbon.
11. In Lisbon, turn left onto LA-518. Stay on 518 through Marsalis and Athens.
12. Outside of Minden, LA-518 runs into US-79. Go south on US-79 and ride into Minden.