The scenery along the Lake O the Pines is great. If you enjoy some twists and turns then you'll enjoy this ride. It isn't extremely difficult, but the tight turns will keep you smiling.
Watch for wildlife and roadkill.
Places to stop:
There are lots of road side stops along the Lake O the Pines to stop and stretch your legs. FM-729 goes right by three parks you can stop and enjoy the view at.
Approx. 75 miles
1. Ride east out of Mt Pleasant on Tx-49.
2. In Daingerfield, turn south onto US259.
3. South of Lone Star, turn left onto FM-729 and ride along the Lake O the Pines.
4. FM-729 Ts into Tx-49, turn right to go into Jefferson and stay on Tx-49 through Jefferson.
5. Almost three miles out of Jefferson, turn left onto FM-248.
6. In Bivins, make a slight right onto FM-1841 for a tenth of a mile, then a left onto Tx-43 to ride into Atlanta.