This route is covered mostly by trees - so its a good ride when the sun is cooking Texas. There are alot of sweeping turns to enjoy riding.
The majority of this route is over narrow roads - so watch out for on coming traffic crowding the center line.
Places to stop:
There are a couple of places you cross Lake Palestine. Also Tyler has a couple places to enjoy downtown.
Approx. 75 miles
1. Go north out of Palestine on Tx-155/ FM-315.
2. Right outside of Palestine, turn left onto FM-315.
3. Ride on FM-315 through Brushy Creek and Poynor.
4. Past Fincastle, turn left onto FM-314 towards Moore Station.
5. Stay on FM-314 until Edom; in Edom turn right onto FM-279/ FM-314.
6. Turn right at the intersection with Tx-64; and ride into Tyler.