These roads are a quick glimpse at what makes riding in Central Texas so great. Lots of back country and small towns.
Watch the blind turns for big trucks.
Places to stop:
Marble Falls has plenty of great views over the area around it. Watson may be just a ghost town now, but it is still interesting to look around.
Approx. 75 miles
1. Go west out of Salado on FM-1670/ FM-2484.
2. Follow FM-2484 into Tx-195 and turn left. Stay on Tx-195 for two miles.
3. From Tx-195, turn right onto Ranch Rd 2670 towards Maxdale.
4. In Maxdale, make a slight left onto Maxdale Rd and ride it to FM-2657.
5. At FM-2657, turn right.
6. After one mile, turn left onto FM-963 and ride through Watson.
7. Between Watson and Burnet, turn left onto FM-1174 towards Bertram.
8. Stay on FM-1174 through Bertram.
9. At the intersection with FM-1431, turn right towards Smithwick.
10. Stay on FM-1431 into Marble Falls.